Sunday 1 July 2012

In at the deep end...

Okay...so the regular Asha doctor who I was going to sit in with tomorrow so that I can get orientated can't be there because her daughter is unwell!  So I will be doing the surgery on my own - and teaching a med student too!  Ah well... we'll see how it goes!


In other news:  Freddy was responding to a friend in the car on the way back from church this morning who enquired about a party that he was planning.  His response was...Ah! We're waiting for the weather to improve!  Apparently the weather "improves" when it rains in India!  Alas, as you can see - the weather still hasn't improved:

that's centigrade by the way!

I should introduce my flatmates: Jake on the right from Essex; Bianca on the left from New Jersey; both these are teaching English in the slums.  Sam is a med student from Northern Ireland.


This road is interesting for 2 reasons: Firstly it is in Delhi and has no moving traffic.  Secondly, I am told that on every Monday evening between 6 and 11pm it transforms into a bustling fruit and veg market!  And it is mango season. And they are delicious. And you can buy them  for about 5 for a pound!






Tonight all the flatmates are going out to the Chinese restaurant just around the corner which comes recommended...

2 comments:

  1. Mangoes are my favourite fruit. I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayed for you early this morning! You would have been getting organised, looking around the "pharmacy" and preparing for your first patient. Had to smile when you said you would have a Medical student from N Ireland with you, to teach! Home from home then!

    ReplyDelete