Tuesday 3 July 2012

In the market for some fruit

So we all went out and tried the local Chinese as recommended and had a very pleasant meal together:


And at the end of the meal the waiter came up to us and said: "This is with the compliments of my boss:


Well it's not polite to refuse is it?

I went in to the Office early to try and get my head around the drugs formulary and so on - and was told that Dr S was back from Mumbai - and was coming in after all.  Her daughter had recovered.  So much to my relief, I was able to sit in with her and get myself orientated a bit.  I have known Dr S for many years now - having met her when I first visited in 2005.  It was lovely to work together again.  Sam the med student also sat in - so it was a bit crowded!


The Asha staff are spending a lot of time at the moment sorting out the University admissions.  It takes a lot of effort to persuade some parents to allow their youngsters to continue education - and still some refuse, denying their offspring opportunity.  The other concern has been that the national standard has been very high this year making the competition for places greater.  Sadly, some students with good grades will not be successful.  Kiran is planning a little congratulatory party for those who are successful, to which I will be invited!

The Fruit Market!!!

I have a hunch that my dw will be just a tad envious of these photos: the street I showed you before transformed...





It's all so colourful and lively - and what I can't show you on the blog is the smells!  mmm!  So what to choose? What to choose?  It had to be peelable (for hygiene reasons and our "weak stomachs" as the slum people call them).




I settled on mangoes - 2 sorts...lychees, pomegranates and small sweet melons - some of which I am sampling as I write over breakfast!  Life is tough here, you understand??

2 comments:

  1. You're tellin me, dw is indeed wisheing she could have been at this market!!! Enjoy your mango, I'll have to make do with porridge whilst the rain pours down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with all that fruit, I suspect constipation will not be a medical condition you'll suffer from! Looking fwd to hearing what exotic tropical diseases you're discovering!

    ReplyDelete