Saturday 30 June 2012

Settling in...

Arrived this morning after a long but easy journey,  The plane arrived early - but the delay waiting for the case more than made up for the gain!  Through exit number 5 - and there was the smiling face of Bimal waiting to pick me up.  Bimal has been driving for Asha for a long time - and over the years we have got to know him well.
He drove me to the apartment which will be my home for the next 4 weeks when my wife joins me [:-)]

Here's my bedroom, shared for a few days with Sam:


That bed was a welcome sight!  After rest and recuperation it felt like time to explore the neighbourhood (not least because my stomach was rumbling)  So here are some pics of the neighbourhood:





And here are some of the local shops where I managed to pick up a loaf of bread, 2 litres of water, a litre of lychee juice and some jam for INR 175 (2 pounds!)




Off to Freddy and Kiran's for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment