Tuesday 24 July 2012

Back to Mayapuri

I returned to a drier Mayapuri today.  It hasn't rained for a few days so there were fewer puddles about and the ground didn't stick to my shoes! I was well looked after...this is the reception area from my room:


Under that plate is my cup of freshly made and very sweet chai, and biscuits!

And here is the team at Mayapuri - Thresi on the right is one of the Asha staff and looks after Mayapuri


The team that were decorating the building have now left for 2 weeks travelling before returning to UK.They've done a great job!



And of course this is the slum that Bianca teaches in - so here she is in action with her class of boys - playing some fast and furious game while learning English - clever eh?


After the clinic, I gave the staff the photos of baby Poojah from 2005 that I had got printed, so she can see herself as a baby!


On the way to get an autorickshaw back to the office I captured the scene around the slum - masses of cars buses and lorries etc being broken for scrap - lots of noise, sharp metal, broken windscreen glass and spilt oils.  Not the ideal environment for bringing up your kids is it?



And this is Ayesha, Bianca and I riding home in the auto-rickshaw.  The conversation was almost entirely about Indian foods, what to try and where to buy them, and said conversation continued for quite a while back in the office over lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment