Friday 20 July 2012

Welcome to Trilokpuri...

I went into the Office first thing where I was asked to see one patient by Dr S.  While there I had 2 more quick consultations with Asha staff!  Then Freddy drove me to Trilokpuri - a slum on the other side of the Yamuna river.  We passed the Commonwealth Games village to get there.  Apparently the flats there are being sold for  $500,000 each!

This is what greeted me on arrival at Trilokpuri:


I had quite a long clinic in Trilokpuri.  I hope I was useful.  I saw all sorts from 2 months to 80 plus, and from depression to dyspepsia!  This was my consulting room today:


Ayesha and Sweeta helped me in translation etc. Ayesha was feeling under the weather too.

This is the remains of my lunch - a trusty cereal bar, 2 bananas and a Pepsi supplied by the CHV's!


Suitable for my weak western stomach!

Then I met the students 


at various stages of their careers, from Neetu, who only heard 2 days ago that she had got in to a Sanskrit Honours course, and attended College today for the Freshers Orientation Day

(she told me she had enjoyed it, seen her classroom and made friends with some of her class mates), and these two who had just qualified and are looking for jobs.


The girl did Sanskrit Honours and is planning to take a secretarial course, and the lad did mechanical engineering.  

Then I met the lovely smiling kids who after a long chat decided that they wanted to sing and dance for me so I am experimenting in uploading a video so I can share it with you:




Here's a photo of the kids:


Then I met the ladies who were about to start their weekly prayer meeting.  They shared what God had done in their lives and I shared from John 17.

OK, the first movie seems to have worked so lets try another - the ladies singing a worship chorus:


By the way, my flatmate Bianca is also now doing a blog.  In case you hadn't noticed there is a link under my profile which takes you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment