Thursday 5 March 2015

Sweeta - and not so sweet!

Clearly the weather is not the only cause of  Delhi traffic jams.  This is this morning's commute to Trilokpuri, the other side of the Yamuna River:
 Following the route I found this comment in my Delhi map book:
 And then I arrived at Trilokpuri.  They really are very welcoming and friendly there.  Some rememembered my previous visit 2 1/2 years ago.
And this was to be today's consulting room:
 My clinic was translated for me by the most helpful and encouraging Sweeta.  And the ladies of Trilokpuri made me the best cup of chai with (almost) no sugar.
After the clinic, and lunch, I was invited to the prayer meeting in the room upstairs. We sang and prayed and shared testimonies.  I reminded them of how they had prayed for a friend back home who had just been diagnosed with cancer, which of course they remembered, and I was able to tell them that she is now back to full health
I think this is the first time I have seen Indian dancing in the context of worship. Beautiful!
I was then introduced to 2 first year students studying for a BA.  I was reminded again of the struggles these young people have to deal with as they try to keep focussed while coping with all of life's difficulties.  This is Salma on the left and Zarine on the right.  Salma wasn't as outgoing, enthusiastic and bubbly as many of the students are when I meet them.  She lost her Mum just 3 weeks ago and was overwhelmed by her grief!
I had to say goodbye to these lovely ladies after I had written in their visitors book.  My entry was under the comments of Sam and Lisa Gibson
Sweeta is third from the left



No comments:

Post a Comment