Sunday 1 March 2015

How to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon in Delhi?

Today has been a pleasant quiet day to help me recover from the night flight before starting in the clinics tomorrow.

My generous hosts are both not on top form unfortunately and trying to gather energy for the week ahead! So here is how I spent my afternoon:

First I watched and learned as my lunch was cooked for me... a paneer curry and a fish curry (who knew those big black bits left in the pan were tamarind?)

and then the chapatis.

After a rest and recuperation (!) while the rain stopped I went out for a walk to explore the neighbourhood. Less than 100yds up the road are some historic ruins:
and just a little further is a useful looking bookshop, next to the shirt wala!
Up the main road a little way is Delhi's most famous kebab restaurant:
A bit further up is the Metro station which can whisk me into the centre of town in no time
Past several local medical clinics including this one...some of those procedures might come in handy soon:
(You wouldn't want one of those jumping bunnies in your bronchi though!)

And round the block to the local market area which has food stalls, and all sorts of shops plus no less than 3 coffee shops, one of which I stopped at before heading home as it started to drizzle with rain again!
And now - time for a rest!






No comments:

Post a Comment